For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.

Author Topic: subaru futures  (Read 3633 times)

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
subaru futures
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:21:44 PM »
In the news today, some signs of the auto turnaround were mentioned.  Subaru posted a 35% increase in sales over 2008,  having the highest.  Nissan posted a 25% decrease.  In the upcomming years, Subaru junkyard motors will be more plentiful in the short time to come, mostly the ones we want for our Vanagons.[/img]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

Bradleyvw

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:02 PM »
Subaru  has a  boxer diesel engine in Asia and Europe, and there are roomers that they'll be bringing it here!  That will be worth waiting for.
I think its amazing how a company like Subaru can become the only auto manufacture to turn a profit in the US.  Volvo used to have the wagon market pretty wrapped up in the new england area, and now are almost out of business. Most people who buy wagons buy Subarus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Bradleyvw »

aviles

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:17:37 PM »
we have a friend of the family who works at a local subaru shop, highest sales shop in NH and he says " what recession" they have never slowed down...he said they had some dead spots over the winter but not like the other dealers ...times are good for subaru
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by aviles »

Vanagonjr

• LiMBO BUS NUT
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »
I think it is because they basically have no competetion in the station wagon marget in their size.   Honda sells an Acoord wagon overseas, but not here (anymore).  I think it would do well, stlye it decent and market as an active lifestyle vechicle (as Subaru has done).

We have a Honda Fit, and the flip up rear seats are great.  If Honda (or others) made a larger wagon with those same features, I think it would sell great.

Ford Fusion hybrid wagon? Com'on Ford - opportunity knocks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Vanagonjr »
86 Wolfsburg Westfalia Weekender (WWW)

prez

• BUS DRIVER
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 09:32:56 PM »
Ford has been the leader for wagons for years, they posted over a 1 billion profit last quarter without a bailout and seem to have much product to offer in the near future.  The original Mr. Ford had  been inspired by VW in the 1930's.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by prez »

For Westies-at-watkins.org check out Watkins 2019
For Empirevwcamping.org go to NY State news on the dashboard.